Thursday 1 November 2012

Design Inspiration - Prison Designs


http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/mcmtry-468.jpg

Prison designs are interesting for a couple of reasons that stood out to me when researching them. The first is their symmetry. This shows a structure reflective of the systems within the building itself. This is definitely something I wanted to implement into my design as there is a distinct purpose and set of systems in the Hive structure. While a prison is not what I'm going for in my design, elements of symmetry and order will be extracted.

The second reason for studying these buildings was to analyse their facade treatments. Strong materials such as stone and concrete if done well really portray the strength of the internal systems. As the economic climate in my narrative will be quite harsh, I wanted a facade that would stand strongly against it and give those inside a sense of security.


http://newdandyism.com/category/humor

No comments:

Post a Comment