Wednesday 7 November 2012

Story development cont. (click image to make clear)



Brainstorming various ideas and scenes for the story was a fun process as it enabled me to get a better contextual understanding of my design and how it relates to the individual. The above text depicts a wedding scene on the large roof top terrace. The character had a daughter who got married and had the reception at the Hive free of charge as the father was a member. "A bit easier on the old man's wallet too." was the remark made by the main character. At this point the Hive in the story allowed residents to hold functions free of charge to their family members even if they weren't residents of the Hive.

The reason why this didn't go through to the final story was it painted a picture of the character being alot older than what I originally intended. Even though I drew inspiration from Bruce Willisis' character from Sin City I wanted the main character to resemble a similar age to myself to better relate to my peers and have them engage more into the story. The characters age and face aren't really revealed in the final story to add further mystery and help the viewer connect putting themselves in the characters shoes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment